Philadelphia mayor, tired of his failed policies, will 'be happy' when he's not mayor anymore
bob user
2022-07-07 21:19:47 UTC
It seems the failed left-wing policies of Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
have exhausted even himself.

After yet another shooting in the City of Brotherly Love, this time during
the city's annual Independence Day celebration concert, Kenney lamented
the incident and said he was tired of being mayor. It's quite an ironic
statement because many Philadelphians feel the same way.

"There's not an event or a day where I don't lay on my back at night,
looking at the ceiling and worry about stuff. So everything we have in the
city over the last seven years, I worry about. I don't enjoy Fourth of
July," Kenney said. "I didn't enjoy the Democratic National Convention. I
didn't enjoy the NFL draft. I'm waiting for something bad to happen all
the time. So I'll be happy when I'm not here — when I'm not mayor, and I
can enjoy some stuff."

"You're looking forward to not being mayor?" a reporter asked Kenney to
clarify. Kenney smirked and said, "Yes, as a matter of fact."

His response is arrogant, and his arrogance is insulting. It's a
despicable comment from the city's leader in the midst of a crisis — a
crisis for which the mayor deserves much of the blame. Yet Kenney ignored
this reality when questioned by reporters. He outright denied any
responsibility whatsoever and washed his hands of the city's rampant gun
crime problem.

"If I had the ability to take care of guns, I would. But the legislature
won't let us. U.S. Congress won't let us. The governor does the best that
he can. The attorney general does the best that he can, but this is a gun
country. It's crazy. We're the most armed country in world history, and
we're one of the least safest. So until Americans decide that they want to
give up the guns, and give up the opportunity to get guns, we're gonna
have this problem."

Except, gun laws have been the same since before Kenney was elected mayor.
A comparison of the gun homicide rate before his time in office shows a
drastic increase in crime since his election.

Kenney took office in January 2016, and there were 277 homicides that
year. By 2021, there were 562 homicides — a city record. It's disingenuous
to blame "gun laws" and being a "gun country." The difference? The
policies implemented during Kenney's time in office.

Recent data show that between 2017 and 2019, at least 117 murder suspects
were previously arrested for gun crimes, but the city's prosecutors
declined to pursue weapons charges. It doesn't take a scholar to know that
having 117 murder suspects on the street contributes more to soaring gun
crime and homicide rates than legal gun owners in Philadelphia. Gun laws
didn't do this, Philadelphia's elected Democratic leaders and the Kenney
administration did.

But rather than accept responsibility, he will say he is tired of being
mayor. He'll ignore the real issue. He'll do everything humanly possible
except what is necessary. And in the meantime, people will continue to
suffer. He can do something about it; he just chooses not to do so.

Kenney's statements are absolute hogwash, and he's a disgrace. It sends a
terrible message to the city's population, looking to him for assurance.
He should do the entire city a favor and resign. This way, everybody will
get what they want — including Kenney. Then, maybe, Philadelphia can heal
and begin to rebuild.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/philadelphia-mayor-will-be-
happy-when-hes-not-mayor
BeamMeUpScotty
2022-07-07 21:24:56 UTC
Post by bob user
[...]
Failure is a way of life for Democrats.
--
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
-That's Karma-

*IF YOU'RE READING THIS YOU ARE A SURVIVOR*
*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB* is we talk about it, we hate
censorship. Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them
prove it with actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't
find the duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then
you didn't dig deep enough. The *Gruber* *Doctrine* is the
Marxist-Democrat plan that says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have
a lack of transparency and then lie about everything".
https://rumble.com/vkt8ld-call-it-the-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-or-whatever.-how-libs-exploit-t.html

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB* is
228 - If Hillary and Obama's speeches and their SCIENCE and LOGIC are
really worth $250,000 an hour, how come no one shows up to the free
rallies for Democrat Candidates... when they give a speech?